Thursday, February 16, 2012

three strikes and you're out!

Every time i start to climb out of this pit I find myself in, some bugger comes along and digs it a bit deeper!!!  We've just got a 'round the houses' letter from an estate agents saying, in effect, that my home has been repossessed (from the landlord, not from me) - now what??

In the last two months I have been made redundant and been hospitalised, now I'm going to be homeless too? I'm trying to look on the bright side and imagine that this estate agent (who is acting as a management company for the bank) will actually do the repairs to the property we have been waiting over a year for, but I'm not holding my breath. After all its easier for them to evict us than it is for them to replace the copper hot water cylinder (in the loft) repair the leak under the bath (necessitating a new bathroom), install a new damp proof course, replace all the windows, install loft and cavity wall insulation and replace all the doors that don't work.

Of course, because of my redundancy I now can't get a private rental, but the Housing Executive here in NI have decided that, basically, I'm not entitled to a local government house as I don't have any kids... of course not, I'm 45 - all my kids have grown up and gone off on their own (apart from Josh, but that's another story) do I really need to keep having kids to ensure that, when I really need assistance (and after supporting myself for x number of years) I can get it?

Maybe if I was coming into the UK from an eastern European country I'd get a house - but don't get me started on that one!!!

I hate my life!

Anita 'Going Under' Kelly
Belfast

No comments:

Post a Comment